NETSPECTRUM is currently looking to hire a Wireless Broadband Installer in our North Bay Branch!
NETSPECTRUM Internet Solutions is a Northern Ontario based Internet Service Provider who provides internet service into rural and Northern communities. NETSPECTRUM is a division of Spectrum Telecom Group, a Motorola Solutions dealer who provides unified wireless communication systems across Northern Ontario.
Built on Industry Leading wireless technologies, we have become known for providing Internet that offers straightforward services, local customer service and competitive pricing.
As a Wireless Broadband Installer, you will perform the initial setup as well as troubleshoot and repair high-speed wireless Internet services for customers. You will be responsible for the basic maintenance of company equipment and an assigned vehicle.
- Mounting antenna on roof; running cable from outside antenna to inside wall plate/plug; fastening wiring to outside roof/wall or run cable through attic to inside wall;
- Aligning the antenna with the transmitter to achieve optimal performance; changing and moving the mount to adjust for new obstacles; replacement of antenna/radio and faulty wiring or connectors
- Adhering to the Company’s quality standards, policies, and procedures
- Using a courteous and professional approach to address customer questions and concerns; discussing equipment placement, cable routing, paperwork completion, etc
- Performing basic personal computer (PC) and Local Area Network (LAN) setup and repair
- Assisting customers with initial PC configuration; LAN setup, and basic Internet Service Provider (ISP) use
- Clean up after customer installations; including removing boxes, pieces of cable, and dust and debris
- Completing all installation and repair paperwork along with ticket and document system updating
- Determining which tools are needed for scheduled installations, organizing and loading equipment into Company vehicle
- Building/Installing bracketed TV towers at client homes as needed
- Valid driver’s license to drive within the Company’s geographical footprint on a regular basis
- 1 year in a related customer and/or technical support and/or operations/engineering role
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office suite, and other job-related software
- Solid knowledge of networking and electronics theory, and electrical codes and standards relative to residential or commercial communications cabling
- Basic working knowledge of RF wireless technologies and product, and wireless planning, design and deployment processes is an asset but will teach as needed
- Basic understanding of IP networking
- Must be comfortable working at height and off ladders
- Ability to analyze and define problems, calculate figures and amounts, prioritize work flow, multitasking, meet deadlines, and remain flexible
- Demonstrate attention to accuracy on all duties and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with Company and established safety policies and requirements
- Ability to work weekend and/or evening work will be considered an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, Customer Service, and Support skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bilingual preferred
- High level of initiative
If you are interested in working with a great team in a rewarding setting that offers diversification, continuous improvement and a culture of caring then please send us your resume!
Spectrum Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org