Join Our Team
Network Administrator Job Ad – 06JUN2017NSNT
Spectrum Group is currently looking to hire a Network Technician in our Sudbury Branch!
NetSpectrum Internet Solutions is a Northern Ontario based Internet Service Provider who provides internet service into rural and Northern communities. NetSpectrum is a division of Spectrum Telecom Group, a Motorola Solutions dealer who provides unified wireless communication systems across Northern Ontario.
Built on Industry Leading wireless technologies, we have become known for providing Internet that offers straightforward services, local customer service and competitive pricing.
- Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer network and all connected PCs and peripherals, including planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware and software;
- Analyze and resolve end user hardware and software computer problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provides end user training where required;
- Provide phone support from Internet customers;
- Assists the Service team with hardware installations and troubleshooting;
- Oversee installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of end user broadband connections;
- Keep an up to date inventory control of all broadband equipment in use;
- Managing network servers, routers and switches;
- Maintain and verify backup servers/systems;
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports;
- Recommend, schedule, and perform network improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Shift rotation, Monday to Friday 8 AM to 10:30 PM, Saturday and Sunday 10 AM to 6:30 PM
- College diploma in the field of computer science with a focus on network design and administration
- No experience necessary
- CCNA or Cisco experience with a good understanding of the different routing and switching protocols
- Linux fundamentals
- In depth understanding of network and server systems integration
- Working technical knowledge of virtualization
- Webserver and database administration an asset
- MCP and/or MCSE, or other equivalent Windows certifications will be an asset
- G License with a good driving record, required for continued employment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Strong interpersonal, Customer Service, and Support skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Bilingual preferred
- High level of initiative
Spectrum Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
For more information and to apply for this position; please email us at email@example.com